Tuesday 13 December 2011

Worst 5 Looks of 2011 : Kareena Kapoor

2011 is almost over and I really wanted to do a fun post, so I thought, why not list the Fashion Hits and Misses of 2011.
It would be a series of posts, listing Best 5 and Worst 5 looks of the celebrity in question, for the year 2011.
I'm gonna start the series by listing Worst 5 Kareena looks of the year.
So Brace yourself, the roller coaster ride  is about to start.

5. Kareena at the Sony Vaio Launch :

The first word that comes to my mind, when I see this look, is BLAH. There is nothing new about it and nothing much to write about. The Red One Shouldered dress does nothing good for her. All I can say is that, those gorgeous Electric Blue Shoes, deserved a much better dress. Also, she needs to really start experimenting with her hair.


4.  Kareena at Great Indian Carnival Festival :

Bebo’s love for Manish Malhotra Sarees is undying. And to be honest, she carries them off well. Unfortuantely, this particular MM Saree, didnt quite make the cut for me. It looks overwhelming on her petite frame. Worsening the look are the poker straight hair and matchy Pink Make-up.



3.  Kareena during Bodyguard Promotions :

We all are very well aware of the fact that Bebo loves to dress up in Indian wear. And she made it pretty evident during the promotions of her film ‘BodyGuard’.  Kareena chose to stick to her ‘In Character’ Avatar and was seen in Beautiful Salwar and Kurtis in vibrant shades. It was really exciting to see her at the first few events in these Manish Malhotra creations, but after a point, I got really bored of it and it made me cringe.  Too much of anything, kills the fun. And thats what exactly happened here.


 
2.  Kareena at Rujuta Diwakar’s Book Launch :

For Rujuta’s Book Launch, Bebo opted for an Ed-Hardy Tee, Blue Denims and a Black blazer. A clutch, high heels and an Hermes Belt completed her look. All of these ingredients work for me as separates, But their amalagmation into this look, fell flat. I’ve seen her do so much better. For now, Its a Big Thumbs Down for this look.


1.  Kareena at Top Gear Awards : I was eagerly awaiting to see what Kareena would wear for the Top Gear Awards. But, When I saw the pictures, my sky-high expectations came crumbling down. I have no problems with this Donna Karan dress because it looked really nice on the runway. But Somehow, Bebo failed to carry it off. It looked really awkward on her and her bad hair style added on to the misery. Embellished Jimmy Choo Shoes made the look even more haphazard. So, I’m crowning this look as the worst-est.

So, these are my Worst 5 Kareena looks of the year. Do you Agree? 
Next up, Would be Best 5 Kareena Looks of the year. So Rejoice!!

Photo Credit : Pinkvilla

4 comments:

  1. the 1st picc she looks nice but i agree she could have experimented a bit more.. l luv her in the saree but straight hair agen,i lyked her bodyguard promotions looks, the 4th pic yeh nothing differnt .. last pic she looks gd!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg that one at Rujuta's book launch is horrifying:) lol I liked the manish saree though.

    I must say you have now completely dispelled the myth that Kareena kapoor looks good in everything =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Manish Malhotra saree is the worst look acc to me and the top gear awards one too

    ReplyDelete
  4. at the sony vaio launch, she looked nice.
    she wasnt looking really nice during bodyguard promotions, i agree with that one.
    and also a BIG NO for Rujuta's book launch
    at the top gear awards, she looked beautiful, but the dress wasnt really nice.
    But i loooved the MM sari.

    Nice post aman, waiting for the best top 5 :)

    ReplyDelete